Tuesday 21 December 2021

Off loom weaving

Inspired  by this quote by Emerson I found part of a spent seed pod on my daily walk. It looks like wee boat but the part we’re breaking apart. So I decided to try to hold it together with a weave across its middle. 




These warp threads are made with an old crochet cotton on a cardboard spool that I wrapped some onion skins into and left outside for awhile. Lazy kind of natural colouring without fussing with boiling water and pots and mordants and modifiers. Just nature taking its course. 
So this is where I got up to and will start the weaving using the same cotton wild dyed thread. May not stay that way as I found this thick string that I may add. Colour as well ? Not sure . I just start and go with the flow.


1 comment:

  1. I love where your mind goes & the items it produces.

    ReplyDelete