Monday 27 December 2021

Buried Book





I have been reading about @emmafreeman who is making small books and then burying them for 1,2,3 months or more. She is sending some to participants offering to bury them in other countries. To meditate and the bury your intentions, to release something ,to transform from one state of being to another. The term ‘terma’ is used as the process of burying artifacts for future generations to follow.
I decided to join in the meditative an.d transforming process. To see the change in fabric and thread. So I stitched a wee book using a hanky, some old linen, cotton and tea dyed fabric.  Then went to bury it. Under the frangipanni tree which is a special tree. When digging the hole I was amazed at how dry the soil was even after a wet few days and just after a thunderstorm which brought a lot of rain. Must remember to water this garden bed more. 





I am going to leave it for one month before unearthing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment