Saturday 11 April 2020

The Eyes Have It

Today I’ve been stitching eyes. Firstly as I have been following the TextileArtist.org challenges. This third one is with Emily Hull and it’s all about stitching an eye. The first point Emily makes is to observe. Really look at what you are drawing and then putting to stitch. So this is my Emily’s left eye. I took a close up photograph and then looked closely at the photo. Little white reflections, pink bits and the eye lashes going in all sorts of directions, unlike what you’d expect.

Much harder than I’d thought it was going to be. I really had to slow down and still needs more to get other lines and more fill in.

The second eye is this wee doily which had the three tiny eye lets already in the centre of it. They looked to me like a face two eyes and a rounded surprise mouth. So just worked with it to give a more kitch style of face.


A bit creepy now that I look at it in a photo. I think I will add some black fabric to the back of the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment