Friday 3 April 2020

More scavenging




This shows steps 5 and 6 on my scavenger hunt quilt following online instructions of Heide Parkes.
Step five was the moon at the bottom. There were several conditions with this including colours that reflect being a night or a morning person. So being a morning person I chose a greeny yellow that indicates the beautiful freshness of a new day. The long curling  frond is the tail feather of the lyrebird. This addition needed to reflect an animal or nature which has some meaning for you. I have always felt an affinity with the Australian Lyrebird. They are shy, they take on board others songs . My Aunty Joan lived in Churchpoint in NSW and had lyrebirds in the wild bush of her ‘backyard’. This is in the 1950’s and 60’s. I inherited a book The Lore of the Lyrbird that was written by a naturalist.   ( not sure of his name ) . She wrote to him all about her backyard elusive visitors and he sent her a signed copy of his book. I also recall the special moment of seeing one in the wild while walking at Blackheath in the Blue Mountains.
It was with the addition of these two items that I went from simply enjoying the process to actually liking my quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment