Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Eve

While in the kitchen waiting as my Christmas Eve feast is being prepared.  Tamar from Genesis chapter 38.



After watching video from Kate Thompson.
I am not a portrait drawer but I enjoyed putting this on an index card. Used a pen , ink and then tea stained. Stitched with red thread. I am going to have to stop doing classes, online , weekend and week long retreats because when do I start  to be me , to put down to produce what comes from me and not just a copy of others. Do I want to do clear or bright, vintage and muted, busy or minimal, work in  paper, paint ,hand or machine stitch , wool , silk, old linens, oh it goes on each time I see someone else’s work I say ,that is what I want to do. Then I see another artist’s work....completely different.

1 comment:

  1. Love your work, but you know that! Keep experimenting - YOU come out in your work - particularly the stories that go with the pieces!

    ReplyDelete