Friday 8 January 2021

Quilt Freedom

 Today I did an online quilt workshop with Joe Cunningham, called Quilt Freedom. He is know for his freeform piecing and this was a base then the bias tape forms the ‘sketch ‘ on top. So it was a still life in this free form style. He moves fast and you have to keep sewing as he is talking. I am amazed that I was cutting and piecing the background with no measuring. I haven’t really done any sewing on the machine for a long time so felt the background came together well.


The bias tape is another thing altogether. He suggested 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch tape and as I only had 1/2 inch,that is what I went with. He used 1/4 inch which may have been easier to fit all the elements of the still life in. I will persevere. I really enjoyed it .


No comments:

Post a Comment