Monday 4 January 2021

Auditioning

Sometimes it seems I spend more time in auditioning than actually doing. As I spent time sorting and clearing in my studio it is amazing the number of small vignettes, scraps put together, textile pieces gathered. All planned but never got further than the auditioning stage, then put away becoming covered in other things in the mad rush of life. So when I slow down it is fascinating to uncover pieces like an archeologist digging for treasure. Well not that it’s treasure but good to find and discover again. 

This image was made today auditioning flowers, stems and leaves to go onto a page in my journal. So instead of leaving it I am just going to do it, stick them down , don’t leave for another archeological dig in years to come.

Too bad that I’m trying to fit all the flowers onto one page where maybe less is more, too bad I haven’t painted a background, too bad there is no colour pop. It CAN be added to later, that is the fun of journaling this way. Always room to alter 


No comments:

Post a Comment