Tuesday 6 October 2020

Experimenting with weave

 I have had this bead weaving loom for awhile but of course as per usual I collect all the tools of trade but never get around to using them. Same with fabric and other textiles I collect but am very slow to work with them. 

So today I got some crochet cotton and warped up , or is it wefted up? I have added a beautiful piece of rusty wire I found on the road only a few days ago. 



A bit loose, tricky but truly mesmerising once in the flow. Not sure how far I’ll go or what I’ll do with it or what I might add but hey that’s what sampling and experimenting is all about. May be I’ll rust the piece when off the loom. I might somehow add the rusted washers from a few posts back , stitched on , not woven in. 

Maybe now that I am looking at this  might weave in the loop of the wire on the right.

1 comment:

  1. You are full of interesting insights and your pieces are always just 'a little different!' Love it.

    ReplyDelete