Saturday 10 February 2018

Up cycling

Yesterday  I went to the Artisan gallery in Fortitude Valley to listen to Jane Milburn talk on sustainability in clothing and her slow clothing movement. Although I already adhere to many of the principles  I know I can do more. This year I made a resolution to buy no more clothes for 2018 except underwear and then only if needed. So today as it is far too hot do do anything much beside sit inside and sew. I patch mended a favourite pair of trousers that I have previously, About 3 years ago upcycled through indigo dyeing. They needed a small patch on a née and a long thin on near the zip. Then I rummaged in my enormous button collection and found two buttons to attach to a blouse/ shirt that had missing ones at neck and on a sleeve.



Next I used an old hemp tea towel from France and made a bread bag. Apparently bread keeps better in linen or hemp. To this I added a vintage doily that had bread embroidered on it. I might stitch the same in French.


No comments:

Post a Comment