I need to do something for the 2QAQ display at the Quilt show in October. We have been asked to display pieces using the Eco / botanical dyed fabrics we experimented with last year. So I started making hexagons from a piece that was wrapped and boiled with eucalypt , purple carrot , turmeric and onion skins either bundled up with or in the boiling water. I have also used an old doiley where I cut out the small embroidered flowers to make more hexagons. An old crochet doiley is just sitting as I ponder the layout.
I also embroidered some of the fabric then made covered buttons to go on the piece.
'Rising out of the rough weeds, listening, looking' Mary Oliver