Tuesday 20 December 2022

Watercolour play





I have never really explored with watercolours only using a dab here and there to add to a simple sketch. So now I have decided to push it a bit more. Not to do anything realistic but abstract . To see how colours blend and play with each other , perhaps as exploratory ideas for use in stitching. I like the softness but not sure if you can use them on fabric. I imagine they wash out, so might leave that to diluted acrylics.



Three of my mixed media pieces have been included in a book. Art from your Heart which was published online by the coordinator@heathermatthew  of the Facebook group of the same name. These were from monthly online challenges that went for a week at a time. My pieces were all sketches of the story I was telling with watercolour, fabric and paper collage added. 





No comments:

Post a Comment