Wednesday 28 December 2022

Look Inside

 I started this piece by stitching a round mandala. Then as it was such a slow mindful process I started thinking of the house with 5 rooms. So each point on my ‘compass’  became symbolic of one of the rooms. These being social, emotional, spiritual, physical and cognitive or intellectual. Each day each of these rooms need to be attended to. I try to do that in some way. 


Doing some yoga stretches or poses , going to Pilates or a walk, drinking a glass of lovely cool water, reading , researching , slow stitching , chatting with friends either face to face , in text or email , are some of the things I turn to in order that these rooms of mine are attended to. 
I continued on with this theme and actually added a roof to my house where I stitched some of the practises of body , mind and spirit which I have either read , dabbled with or practice and attend to in my life today. These are ancient eastern, Celtic, or Greek origin. Archetypes, astrology, yoga , chakras . 


This is for an exhibition in Sydney in March so I am only showing details .




No comments:

Post a Comment