Sunday 31 July 2022

Méditation scroll

 I found a long strip of vintage Japanese cotton, very soft and fine. Perfect for a scroll that I will simply fill with stitched lines of Asemic writing. I watched a demonstration by Emma Freeman and was inspired. This was on the Quilty Nook site hosted by Zak Foster,  an inspiring quilter from North Carolina .  I didn’t want to just mindlessly make for the sake of it but to really breathe into every stitch. To listen to every gentle pop of the needle coming through the fabric and the soft rasp as the thread pulled through and settled into its new resting place. Stitching for place keeping. Stitching for slowing down. Stitching for place making. The thread is one of those previously purchased and not used as ‘ I might need it one day’ , kept for  BEST. So best it is now , the moment is now. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment