Sunday 24 July 2022

Emerging from scraps

 I have started another ORT jar (old ragged threads) and was about to add a handful of off cuts and scraps from making Harriet’s quilt. As I held them in my hand tidying other things up until I could get into my studio and add to the ORT jar , they began to wriggle and squirm. Moulding and rolling and forming into shape a head emerged. Quickly, quickly a nose and eyes , ears from more scraps picked up from the floor. 


With an over night halt on sewing activity, the next morning the need for a body became the most important creating of the day.


Things started to become vitally important to get this wee creature into the world. So a leg was rolled but turned out it was a tail not a leg at all. So back to the scraps of fabric and threads , became four legs . Oh you’re sitting upright . Not a four legged calf. 
Here she is . Safe and sound, fully emerged , deciding to become was taken out of my head and straight to Mt hands. The hands of the maker




No comments:

Post a Comment