Saturday 26 March 2022

Stitching cardboard

 I am finding it difficult to stitch with my arm in plaster so thought I would try to stitch shapes cut from cardboard. I used old packages such as fishfingers, birdseed and granola. Then it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t work out as expected. I could roughly cut and punched the holes with a large needle so it was easy to follow along to hold all together . I chose a curved patchwork block and was only going to do two but kept going until I had four then found a different package so continued to a 9 patch block. According to my friend Jane it is a Robbing Peter to pay Paul . A slow challenge and found the stitching with left hand caused it to be totally out of whack . Or perfectly imperfect as the sewing goes. It’s love and floppy yet sturdy to hold.  This is the second image below.





During the process my inner child kicked in and with the left over pieces of card I made just one Orange Peel block but glued the ‘petals’ on this time ( first image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment