Wednesday 30 March 2022

Random blobs

 While I can’t stitch very well at the moment due to my arm, I  certainly can wrap. I found this blue roundish slightly stuffed object that one of the girls had made. It has a cat face drawn on, hand stitched to close and a hair tie to close the stuffing hole at the top. So I wrapped it in threads and ribbons and fabric strips. Reminds me of the secret wrapping and hiding works of Judith Scott a woman with an intellectual disability who wrapped and wrapped. Hiding feelings, or thoughts or wishes or regrets? Who knows? Louise Bourgeois also did some wrapping and she saw it as a mending from emotional pains.


It feels gentle in my hand . I have left the hair tie at the top. It has come to life. Enclosing, keeping safe the past. 


No comments:

Post a Comment