Sunday 21 November 2021

Scrappy ball

Last week  I was rejected from joining an online Facebook group. I had mixed feelings firstly of disbelief, (  I thought everyone was accepted after answering the few simple questions)  moved through resentment and unworthiness to finally acceptance and humour with a touch of ‘just as well’,  I really don’t need another group to keep up with. Then I started thinking about why I needed validation from an external source. Why did I need to learn to make something that I was more than capable of doing, without the need for online tutoring, classes, guidance?  I can trust my own abilities and am confident to do so . But it was something more,  it’s the need to connect with like minded others, to be inspired by their work to see and interact in a safe setting.

So I made a fabulous scrappy ball . First I discovered a way to make a tight ball from a single old sock. Then using scraps of ecodyed cotton and silk I stitched with large overcast stitches in 6 strands of doc embroidery thread. Such a joy filled exercise. Might make more using up scraps of Christmas fabrics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment