Saturday 30 October 2021

Project Bag

 I finished this small bag today. The embroidery on the front is four wee humble weeds that were growing on the verge over my front fence. One is a dandelion , one is a grass with seeds but not sure of the others.

The fabrics are vintage, recycled Japanese fabrics that a friend of mine @merodybuglar bought me back from Japan six years ago. I have quite a few small pieces but have not touched them , keeping for best, too good to cut into, saving for later etc.  So now the perfect project. The lining is so beautiful and soft. The front even has a small repair on the top right square. The cord is a vintage thin tape that has a vine stitched down the middle. 

So easy to make and I am certainly not a bag maker. I will make another one for a friend who is retiring at the end of the year and maybe a Christmas swap for ATASDA .



No comments:

Post a Comment