Saturday 7 August 2021

Chakra Cat

 In doing a seven day challenge where the 4 th day was repurpose I wanted to think outside the square as most of the pieces I work on lately have been repurposed. So I found this calico half stuffed blob in amongst my fabric. I often see it and it makes me smile as one of my daughters was starting a doll and go5 no further. Every time I see it I smile but don’t have the heart to throw it out. So here it is repurposed for this challenge. I simply stitched fabric onto the body, made a cat face mask that can be removed and added the seven buttons for the seven chakras. She will sit at my work table and be what ever I want her to be. Inspirer , encourager, task master, silent listener, humour adder , pin pillow..... 




The back has a little red heart stitched on a square of calico, also found floating around my studio. I have no idea where it came from or who stitched it. So perfect for this piece now.


No comments:

Post a Comment