Tuesday 11 May 2021

Folk embroidery



 I designed this wee wallaby to stitch for the textileartist.org workshop with Saima Kaur , inspired by Indian folkloric textiles. Bright, bright and more brights.



I am going to add a tree and a pathway or maybe a snake leading to a house or maybe a rock. I have a wall hanging I purchased in India in 1983. It has a camel next to a tree with a pathway leading to a house. So this piece will be inspired by that. An Australian version. Will he have some friends or a big bright Aussie sun? I used 6 strands of thread so the stitching filled in quite quickly. Should have damp stretched the background .




and some more added

I have added a shisha mirror in the sun three wee noisy mynah birds and actually turned the snake shape into a snake. 
Once not so very long ago a wallaby, a snake and three noisy mynah birds headed off to explore what was beyond . 



1 comment: