Thursday 4 March 2021

The Colour Purple

 This morning I watched an Instagram discussion between @zakfoster.quilts  and @amandanagidart. Among other things they mentioned colours not worn but used in quilts such as pink and purple. Purple was a nostalgic colour as sometimes a grandma made a granddaughter a purple quilt or knitted a purple beanie. So it was reminiscent of childhood. This got me thinking about purple in my stitching life and I recalled this sweet needle case. It was unfinished from the 80’s , the front pansy had been worn away a bit but moths because it couldn’t be wear as it was just sitting waiting in three parts to be finished. So inspired by this mornings discussion I decided to finish it. First I patched up the front pansy, then blanket stitched around the front piece before finally putting alll three layers together.




Oops not sure how to add the Instagram accounts to be able to link to them 🤭


So is it vintage? Unused vintage?

No comments:

Post a Comment