Wednesday 10 March 2021

Patch Swap

Last year I joined a patchswap organised by @gatherwhatspills as a worldwide swap of patches to be used to mend , embellish or whatever you might be inclined to put a stitched patch on. 


This is the patch I made for my swap mate, Kerri. Mostly hand dyed fabric from pieces I dyed years ago. 


And this is the patch I received from Kerri. She made it from a piece of a vintage tea towel with fairy wrens on it. Kerri showed this on Instagram when she finished it so I got the idea to stitch a fairy wren onto hers. I like to put an embroidered creature onto the small patches I make and was waiting for inspiration. It is easy if you swap with someone from another country as Australian animals are what I use. Kerri is from Melbourne so the inspiration of the fairy wren of her patch was used.




No comments:

Post a Comment