Friday 27 March 2020

Postcards

i made a postcard from the heart from the screen printing I did last week with Rebecca @oceanviewtextiles . Very simple but so many layers of card, very thin interfacing, and vliesofix as I didn’t have any thicker interfacing which might have been enough. Added the blue which in a way takes away from the fact that the heart is screen printed.



Had to get out and actually use my sewing machine for the zigzag edge. Not something I do much of these days but easily recalled the technique and it went well. Maybe I should get back into more machine work ....maybe not. But I’d at least use up more of my fabric. 

I might hang onto this card until life gets back to normal and take it to the next 2QAQ meeting where the challenge for the month involved using two complementary colours . It was to be something small, I think up to 10x10 inches. But of course not everyone sticks to the directions. I know now sometimes it is more of a challenge to adhere to the ‘rules’ than it is to go off and do what you choose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment