Tuesday 20 November 2018

Gardens of the Heart

This is my piece for an India Flint Exhibition in Adelaide next year. The exhibition is Gardens of the Heart. Three line poems and I was  allocated line  one. It will be hung with different artist lines 2 and 3.
At the opening in February some of the three line poems will be read



I decided on my line when the blood moon was around. So had to include the moon and then wanted to include something from my garden that speaks of a typical Queensland back yard. What could be more so than a mango tree. The background was ecodyed in onion skins and eucalyptus leaves and avocado. No mordant and the cotton wasn’t treated before bundling and boiling. I wanted to say

‘Through mango leaves
A blood moon rising’

But it was a bit long as I did it free hand so letters started out too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment