Friday 9 November 2018

A Tale

Feeling a bit judgemental of my work lately, comparing to others, listening to negative thoughts, pressure on myself to focus on one direction and need for order in the chaos of my ‘studio’. So I thought I would relook at some pieces to reflect on where I’ve come since I started to do my own thing rather than follow a pattern and choose fabrics from a quilt shop for it. This then is an early one from 2006. It is a tale of three sisters. Using the same fabric cut the same size but then the embellishments made them all different. Some bleaching, some black tulle and a few cuts and resewn areas add to the story.



Noticing the machine quilting! Can’t believe I did that. It is not something I turn to, enjoy or even really like the look of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment