Monday 10 August 2015

Leaf Printing

I have been practising some leaf printing. These were printed onto some vintage linens and a rough piece of calico ( which also serves as my clean up cloth). I used Setacolor fabric paints and I have yet to iron set them. The colours were a primary blue and green with a little bit of white. When rollered they melded to a lovely green. The plants were two kinds of Wattle ( Acacia) that were growing at my Dad's house. I am considering a piece inspired by the back yard. To look closely at what is in my immediate environment. Look .See .Notice it will be personal it will reflect on where I live right now in this moment, maybe rubbing, printing, Eco dying, photos, colours, moods, flowers.
,seasons in my little speck on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment