Tuesday 25 January 2022

Looking

 I started this awhile ago with @janemadlyquilting in a 2QAQ workshop. The squares were made as sampling’s. Last year I started to sew them together. And now I have it up on my design wall and looking, looking, looking.

Is it a cat proudly heading off some where as in Puss in Boots?  is it a map of some far away magical place? is it a turtle keeping his head tucked inside his shell as he swims amongst the debris of his home waters? But then why does it have to be something, why do I need to animate , put life to it? Why can’t it just be for its own sake? Because that is what I like to do that is part of my arts practice, I like to see into the fabric to the details to see something living , alive, speaking to me.



I will leave it up for a time to continue pondering , thinking of the background, more piecing, colour , appliqué, text .



No comments:

Post a Comment