Friday 25 September 2020

Embellishments

 I needed something to do on a recent stitching day and as usual I can never find anything to work on. Of course when I get home I realised that there are so many projects that would benefit from some time of simply stitching. So I took along sone rusty washers and cotton crochet thread. I wrapped each washer using  blanket stitch. Then dipped poured a little tea from the teapot and a splash of vinegar and left for 12 hours overnight. They turned out this lovely browny black which is a perfect tone.



I found another which is beautifully rusted and I am sure that I can find more hidden away in containers to work on more. Maybe I’ll wrap rusty screws as well. Just play and experiment,exploring techniques and ideas. This will build up,a stash of these wee beautiful textured and coloured embellishments. The time will be right when they are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment