Wednesday 26 August 2020

Momogami

 worked some paper using the momogami te Niue, informed by Cas Holmes in Textileartist.org Stitch Club. Using a small amount of wallpaper glue developed a scene, however as I had sampled the momogami with a piece of beautiful red paper I was determined to add it. Was to be a setting sun. Too red so covered with white tissue. Wrong shape so tried adding sun beam stitches 😂 . Nothing seems to work so I’ll just leave it as a strange big red blob in the sky. 




I used a ruby beholder to look at value in the image. The top right needed something darker so the little bird was stitched. The red blob looks dark but is a medium value in this way.




2 comments:

  1. What about making the sun a rock with some sun rays behind it, not sure how you'd do it - just had the thought. I like the piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I could bring it down to the brown and maybe a hill?

      Delete