Friday 21 February 2020

Heart

I have finished this wee hanging heart. A project online by @sophiebroderie. Was to be finished by Valentines Day but no pressure and all in good time. I love hand work, handstitching and the slow build up to add to the image so much. Easy to take anywhere to work on. I want to add more embroidery to my small reflections on life and times around me, give depth, text, and really feel and understand the fabric and threads being used.


This is worked on a beautiful deep red fabric. It is kind of velvet like but a lower pile. 100% cotton. The threads and tiny scraps of lace are of course vintage form my collection of sourced findings. The hanging strap is a piece of french ribbon , made of silk and so soft and precious to use even though I have a long length of it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment