Thursday 19 December 2019

Ocean Bubble

Today I made this little ‘snow globe’ using an old tiny , wooden angel , a scrap of vintage lace and an old wooden cotton reel. I had actually made the wee decoration last year but decided to put her in a bubble this year.  But of course in Australia as there is no snow at Christmas time it cannot possible be a snow globe. So it must be an Ocean Bubble, a Sea Bubble, the Crest of the wave globe. This is how many of my Christmas’ of the past were spent. At the beach. An early morning swim in the ocean followed by a large lunch a rest and possibly another swim or at least a walk along the shore before the sun set.
This is my homage to that time of My Christmas.







She is defiantly traditional in her blue dress, small crown, bell and star. She only has one wing which only adds to the Aussie adage of ‘she’ll be right mate’. So maybe I’ll call her Angel Sheila.

No comments:

Post a Comment