Thursday 29 June 2017

Lipstick hibiscus

Here is the results of my lipstick hibiscus solar dying. The silks are a soft beautiful pink and the cottons are  faintly tinted. But I didn't soak in soy or add any protein to the fabric before dying so didn't expect to get too much if any colour. They are still wet in this photo and now have dried a little paler, but I am happy with the result.

I have to work out a way to keep note of how I got the colours. So these are now tied together in a bundle with a hand written tag detailing the information.

3 comments:

  1. -Look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipstick solar dying ?? You have me intrigued

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne it is lipstick hibiscus a variety of hibiscus that is in my Dads garden. Kind of thin an long like a lipstick and bright fire engine red.

      Delete