Wednesday 24 August 2016

Super Lazy

This is a work still to be completed. I am going to stitch in a few words. I have used this image on my  profile page for the 100 days project/ challenge I am doing. My project is to 'unpack' 100 of the collected embroideries, used or unfinished that I have been collecting or gifted from the cupboards of several relatives, my mother , grandmother ,great grandmother and aunt. Others found in vintage , second hand shops, flea markets in Brisbane, Paris, Los Angeles. I will, measure, describe detail the provenance and some idea of what I may do with it. I will also add something obscure to the written detail that may link, something factual. This technique I learnt with Ruth Hadlow in a workshop in 2015. The idea is to keep doing something everyday ,to lead somewhere or just keep the mind focused. To play , to practise to repeat and repeat over and over.
I have hand embroidered on a small white doiley which I found in a second hand shop . She is wearing a cape. The doiley is a bright clear white and the thread used is a light brown from a heap of DMC embroidery threads purchased in a Lifeline store. I used up two strands that the prior owner/ embroiderer had wound back around the thread to use later or to save. I wonder what was made with the other 4 strands from that thread?

No comments:

Post a Comment