Saturday 5 February 2022

Five Day Challenge

 I have just completed a 5 day challenge with Art for your Heart. It was based around travel. Each day the host Heather Matthew drew a letter of the alphabet from a jar and whatever letter it was that is what we had to base our piece for the day. Any creative medium drawing, painting, sketch , collage ,fabric . It could be a country a city real or imagined . 

So the first day was J so I chose to represent the Pink City of Jaipur, where I traveled in 1983. 


It is a sketch in watercolour pencil then lace and organza applied with stitch. On Khadi paper that I have in the form of an accordion book, with five pages. Just enough for the challenge. I might write out the story on the back. At this stage I was hoping to be able to do each page relating to somewhere I have traveled.
The second day the latter drawn was F. So I did Fes and stitched the outline of a sketch of the Blue Gate on a piece of dyed scrim. I travelled to Fes as one of the stops on a trip to Spain and Morocco in 2013.



I have left the paper on partly as I like the look of it , but I may remove more of it. 

The third day the letter was B. So I chose to be inspired by Bergen in Denmark. Outside of Bergman is the historic railway line from Myrdal to Flåm. When I took this trip in 2018 there were flurries, snowy peaks, rivers below , pine trees , steeps cliffs and fiords, small villages and crisp, clear cold.






No comments:

Post a Comment