Saturday 23 October 2021

Earth Mother

 Yesterday I participated in a wonderful workshop with @zuzu_and_me in Eumundi. Erzu is a wonderful tutor and the day was filled with meditation, herbal teas, gentle guidance, quiet reflective discussion and a tasty lunch.  I have done wet felting and needle felting with the embellishing machine but not hand needle felting. So this was a very inspiring day with lots of ideas to do more work in this technique. My doll is reflecting the earth mother coming out from the lava of a volcano . Here I was thinking of my mother who was passionately interested in land forms, rocks and in particular volcanos. The three circles in the front are seeds , from Jacaranda  pods that I have lately been investigating through drawing and stitching. So this Earth Mother has come to spread more seeds on our rapidly threatened earth. Three for each of my girls and there is a small one for my petite fille, Harriet. 



As we stayed in Noosa for the weekend it was lovely to see the last few installations remaining on the foreshore walk to the Noosa National Park, for an exhibition , Floating
These were amazing large hanging , fabric jellyfish. I did not get the artist’s name so if anyone does I’d like to be alerted so I can give credit to them






No comments:

Post a Comment